Wednesday, January 19, 2011

CHEESE STRUDEL

I really wanted to eat strudel. It was a such a long time ago that I ate it.

So I went to the web to look for a good cheese strudel recipe. I ended up here http://catalinakolker.blogspot.com/2009/09/cheese-strudel.html.

It`s so easy to make it and it`s so delicious….just like my mum`s cheese strudel.

I used only 6 phyllo sheets because I made it in a very big baking pan. So my strudel looked like a pizzaSmile but I didn`t mind as I love the cheesy filling! I will definitely make this delicious sweet again!!

Go ahead and try it. This recipe won`t let you down.


Ingredients:

6 phyllo pastry sheets

4 TBSPOONS butter, melted

1/2 cup milk

2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or 1 teaspoon vanilla +1 teaspoon almond extract) NEXT TIME I WILL USE SOME RAISINS TOO

pinch of salt

1 egg beaten

4 TABLESPOONS or taste it!! I put 6 TABLESPOONS sugar (I guess it depends on the sweetness of the cheese)

15 oz (426g ) ricotta cheese (I used a bit more)

1/2 teaspoon orange or lemon zest

1 toothpick to poke holes to let the pastry vent when it`s in the oven


I don`t copy the recipe from Catalina`s blog as I did everything as she did and I was very happy with it.

The only thing what I changed is that I used double sheets ( buttered) for each phyllo layer because my sheets were very thin.

2 comments:

  1. hey, i'm glad you like it and i hope you will try other recipes of mine in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Catalina. I will definitely try other recipes from you. I will let you know:)

    ReplyDelete